This is the contract that all Chapman’s Charming Coons kitten owners will be given when they reserve their kitten. It covers all of our policies here at Chapman’s Charming Coons so be sure you read it before applying for one of our kittens.
Please read the health guarantee completely before placing a deposit on a kitten. By placing a deposit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions within this contract.
We require a $500 deposit in order to hold the kitten of your choice. This deposit is non-refundable unless there is a problem with the health of the kitten before you pick it up. In this case, the buyer will have their choice of a full refund or of transferring that deposit to another available kitten in this litter or future litters. A deposit of $_____________ for kitten_______________________________________was paid by the buyer_______________________________________ on________________ The remaining balance will be paid in full before the buyer takes possession of the kitten.
1. The kitten will be ready to leave no sooner than 12 weeks of age. We will not let any kitten leave before it is ready. There will be a $10 per day charge for kittens kept longer than 12 weeks unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon. The kitten is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale.
3. The kitten will have been vet checked and deemed to be in good health at the time of sale.
4. The buyer, at their expense, should have their new kitten examined by a licensed vet within 5 days of leaving the breeder’s home.
5. Documentation must be sent to the breeder within 10 days in order for the health guarantee to be honored. If, within 5 days of leaving the breeder, a licensed vet finds the kitten to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the kitten may be returned for a full refund- provided the kitten has not been injured or neglected. The vet must provide a written statement deeming the kitten “unhealthy for purchase”.
7. This guarantee does not cover any health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites. However, the breeder will disclose any known illness or health issues prior to sale.
8. This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by neglect or injury caused by the buyer.
9. The breeder cannot assume responsibility for the kitten after 72 hours of sale. It is the of the buyer to care for the kitten properly and keep it free from harm. Please remember that your kitten must be treated with great and protected from dangers such as dogs and other predators. The kitten should not be allowed outdoors except under direct supervision.
The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale.
The breeder gives a 12 month guarantee against any congenital defects of the kitten. If this should occur, the kitten will be returned to the breeder, and the buyer will receive another kitten when one becomes available.
Should the buyer become unable to care for the kitten, the buyer will notify the breeder and the kitten will be returned to the breeder or the breeder will assist in finding a new home for the kitten. No reimbursement will be provided the buyer.
We recommend spaying females between 8-10 months of age and males between 10-12 months. Please remember that they can become fertile and reproduce before these times and every precaution should be taken to prevent it. Our kittens are sold as pets only and allowing
your cat to breed will void any guarantees.
Once you take your new kitten home please allow them at least 2 weeks in a separate area of the house that is quiet and away from other animals. They need this time to transition to a new home away from their mother and littermates. Not giving them this time to adjust could stress them and cause illness. Introduce them to other house pets slowly and under close supervision.
CFA or TICA registration paperwork will be sent to you so that you may register your kitten if you so desire. This paperwork will only be sent once we receive proof from your vet that your kitten has been spayed or neutered.